Returns & Refund Policy
Thank you for your purchase; we try to ensure all our trailers are made to the highest quality and design standards. However, this Policy will explain how you may return or get a refund if your order falls short of our high-quality standards for some reason.
For further information, please refer to our Terms and Conditions
Loco49 Ltd t/a Rolling Stock Event Hire, Hamsell, The Forstal, Eridge, East Sussex, TN3 9JY. Company number 12290340, registered in England.
When can I get a refund?
There are two situations where you may return goods and get a refund.
- if you are an ordinary consumer (B2C), you may return the item within 14 days. This is sometimes called the ‘cooling off period’ (See Section One)
- It is a different situation; if your item is faulty, then you have 30 days to return it. (See Section Two)
This Returns Policy is a supplement to our Terms and Conditions and does not replace it.
Section 1 – Refunds for returns using the Cooling-off Period only
(This Section is regulated by the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013)
If you are a B2C consumer and bought goods from a website, you have the “right of withdrawal” or cancellation. It is also known as the “cooling-off period”. It means that you can return goods at any time within 14 days without giving any reason. You cannot return your trailer in this way if you bought it in the course of your business (B2B)
- The law stated in this Policy applies to the UK and EU.
- To return the trailer within this cooling-off period, you must tell us about your decision in a clear statement; you can do this by email.
- You must pay for the transport to return the trailer; this cost is not refunded.
- All returned trailers will be inspected to assess their condition.
This Section is regulated by the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and applies to B2B customers. If you are a B2C customer, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 applies to you.
- If you think your trailer is faulty, not of satisfactory quality or does not match the description on our website, you may return this within 30 days.
- A refund for faulty goods is different from the cooling-off period explained above, and other rules apply.
The conditions in this Section are only for
- faulty goods
- not of satisfactory quality
- do not match the website description
You will be entitled to;
Whichever is the most suitable.
- You will need to inform us in writing if you think the trailer has a problem so we can assess the situation.
- You need to return the trailer, which will be checked to see if it falls within the above situation.
- Such goods must have a genuine inherent fault and
- Faults do not include normal wear and tear or are caused by an accident, deliberate action, or minor damage such as scratches.
- Please state the reason for sending the trailer back when you return it.
- If the trailer is faulty, we will refund you the money you spent on the return carriage or transport
- If the trailer is not faulty, you will not get a refund for the goods or the return carriage.
- If we repair or replace the trailer, we will still refund the amount you spent on the carriage sending it back to us.
Section 3 – How do I return the trailer?
- Send it to us using the address below.
- Please mark “Return” clearly on any documentation.
Section 4 – What do I need to do now?
Please make sure you read the following conditions when returning the trailer
- Please make sure the trailer is secure when transported to avoid damage in transit
- Please use an insured service when sending the trailer
- We are not liable for damage or loss in return transit.
Please send returns to the following address.
Rolling Stock Event Hire,
Please get in touch if you need any help or have any questions: